Hi friends! It’s been a while. Remember me?
Life kind of turned upside down not longer after my last post back in October. To make a very long story short, we decided to list our house, it sold in 3 weeks, the buyers needed to be in before Christmas leaving us to pack and move our entire household in just 3 weeks and find a temporary rental house while we shopped for a new home. We have been squished in a tiny rental for the last 3 months, so needless to say, there has been no furniture work to speak of. But we close on our new home in a week and a half! Hooray! Can’t wait to get back to furniture flipping and I’m CERTAIN I’ll have a ton of house projects lined up that I may share as well. Thanks for sticking around. :)
As you might guess, I’ve completely redecorated the whole new house in my mind already. Amongst the plans is a new, mature, vintage/industrial bedroom for my big boys that will see them through as they grow. (You can check out my inspiration board to see the direction I’m heading with it.)
So the other day, I decided to get a little jump on the project with a quick change-up for this pine dresser that I’ve had in their room since my first son was born, almost 11 years ago.
I took off the painted wooden knobs, and my kids helped me beat the poor thing within an inch of his life with various implements to distress it. Then I went over it with a couple of coats of Dark Walnut Danish Oil, which subtlety deepened the color overall, but mostly just seeped into the distressing and brought out all the dings and gouges, which worked great for the look I was going for.
And that’s 1 project to cross off my make-your-head-spin-its-so-long new house to do list. :)
This dresser has another little 4-drawer matching friend that will get the same treatment. And I’m considering adding some industrial looking casters to the bottoms. Can’t wait to see if everything comes together in real life as awesome as it looks in my head! ;)