But onto the project at hand… I cut the footboard to be the sides of the bench and attached them to the back post of the headboard with a scrap from the middle part of the footboard like so:
Make sense? Then I put three planks of 1 x 6 lengthwise from side to side and added some fluted trim across the front like so:
I decided to try a new tool and a new technique on this project. I
You peel away the paper, and there you have your guide!
Then, I carved the design with the Dremel. It gets really hot, so I could only do it in about 10 minute increments before letting the tool cool down again.
For this project, I decided to use a blogopshere favorite, Rustoleum Heirloom White spray paint. This was a large project, so it took three cans. The coverage is great with Rustoleum Painter’s Touch. The only drawback for me is that I can’t use my favorite little spray paint gun with their specially designed top, so it makes my fingers tired. (I really can’t wait to get a paint sprayer…)
After it was painted, I did some distressing and a smokey antiquing glaze. And here it is!
This project is competing in the Spray Paint Challenge at The CSI Project!