I’m getting really BAD at remembering to take before pictures, but I stopped a little bit into the painting to snap a few pics so you could see the construction.
As you can see, the back of the bench is the headboard (this one is a twin), and the front is the low footboard. (If your set has a higher footboard than mine, I’ve seen it cut in half and used as the arms of the bench.) The seat is a rectangle made from 2 x 4’s, with 1 x 4 slats for the top. I braced the sides to give it some added stability with some table legs I had lying around from another project.
The whole thing got a coat of flat brick red paint (to match my front door) and I did some hand painted detail on the bottom front to fancy it up a little bit.
Here it is in front of my house, matching my front door. :)
I think I might want to do some more decorative painting and carry the design all the way across the bottom, but I’ll call it done for now. ;)
EDIT: Well, I couldn’t leave it alone. :) I added some more decorative painting to the bottom front to carry the design all the way across. I like it better now. The openings on the headboard back were looking like eyes and the design looked like the nose and a handlebar mustache. (…or am I just crazy… nevermind… don’t answer that…) I’m pretty sure that I’m really, for reals, done with it now. :)
Shanty 2 Chic, Somewhat Simple, Miss Mustard Seed, Shabby Nest, Funky Junk Interiors, A Soft Place To Land
This project is participating in the Outdoor Decor Challenge at The CSI Project!